Loaded with all the peanut butter goodness you will ever need, these Peanut Butter Cookies will surely win your heart at first bite.
I made something classic for you today.
Easy, comforting, delicious.
These classic peanut butter cookies definitely brought out nostalgic memories for me. I remember being in high school, baking my first ever batch of peanut butter cookies one Saturday, placing them in a cookie jar expecting to have a stash to munch on for the rest of the week. They lasted a day.
I’d like to think that now, I’ve gotten better at managing expectations. I know for a fact these cookies will only last day and even shorter if there is cold milk around. Want to see how I make them?
Making this Classic Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is very easy. Perfect for beginners really. Let’s start by creaming together the unsalted butter, peanut butter, the regular white sugar, packed brown sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. For the peanut butter, I used Fifty50 Creamy Peanut Butter but you are welcome to use any peanut butter available in your area. If you notice in the recipe, sugar is listed twice. In creaming with butter, just use the 1/2 cup butter. The 1/4 sugar mentioned at the end of the ingredients list will be used later.
Add in egg until well combined.
Sift together Team Dry Ingredients (TDI) – all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add into the peanut butter batter in three batches.
The batter will look like this after the flour in fully incorporated.
Now, roll two teaspoons of the cookie batter into a ball. I used an ice cream scoop to do this so I’ll have evenly sized cookie doughs. Flatten each cookie using a fork in a criss cross pattern then sprinkle with sugar.
Bake the cookies at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar for sprinkling
- Cream unsalted butter, peanut butter, the two sugars and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg. Mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking side and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter batter in 3 batches.
- Refrigerate the cookie batter for two hours.
- Roll two teaspoons of the cookie batter into a ball. Flatten each cookie using a fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar.
- Bake cookies at 350F for 10-12 minutes.