Remember this old merit notebook that has all of my Auntie Fely’s tried and tested recipes? Let me tell you it’s really quite a treasure to have it. It has lots of recipes that are for keeps – chocolate cake, banana bread, lengua de gato and so much more.
There’s a great homemade brownies recipe in there, too! See how fudgy, crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside it is? Perfectly baked!
I kind of tweaked it a bit to make it even more special and take it to the next level. Today we’re making triple chocolate brownies. Why triple? Because these super delicious brownies contain baking chocolate, chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles. Because good things come in threes. Wait… scratch that – best things com in threes.
For these homemade brownies, I used Charlie’s Chocolate Farm‘s unsweetened baking chocolate buttons. Charlie’s Chocolate Farm is a farm in Cebu which grows excellent chocolates. I love how their chocolates have these fruity undertones that totally blends well with the overall chocolate flavor. And oh my, I’m glad I used it when I baked these totally chocolatey homemade brownies.
Want to see how I made it?
Okay, so to start, melt chocolate buttons with unsalted butter and sugar in a microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. This homemade brownies recipe requires unsweetened baking chocolate. I used Charlie’s Chocolate Farm’s unsweetened baking chocolate buttons, about 30. Or alternatively, you can use 4 squares of baking chocolate or 114 grams of unsweetened chocolate.
Let it cool before proceeding with the next step.
Add eggs one at a time.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt – all the dry ingredients. Add into the chocolate mixture.
Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips coated with flour.
Pour evenly into a lined 9X12 baking pan and top with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F. Let it cool before cutting into bars. This recipe should make 24 yummy brownies which you can share with your family and friends. Or, I won’t judge you, you can totally keep them all to yourself.
- 30 unsweetened chocolate buttons from Charlie's Chocolate Farm or 4 squares baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips coated with 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- Melt chocolate buttons/squares with butter and sugar in a microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. Let it cool before proceeding with the next step.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips coated with flour.
- Pour evenly into a lined 9X12 baking pan and top with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F.
- Let it cool before cutting into bars.