I placed our little penguin on top of a cake and she’s making a snowman. As you can see she’s not done yet but I’d like to think she’s enjoying every minute of it seeing that she’s tap dancing with a smile on her face. Here’s the tutorial everyone!
Fondant Penguin Tutorial
What we need:
Fondant in black, white, orchard yellow (or just plain yellow will also do), pink and lime green
Fondant cutters (leaf, star, round, heart)
Brush and water to glue things together
Half-moon fondant tool
Black pearl dragees
Stitching tool (optional)
Small curved scissors
(1) To make our little penguin’s feet, roll yellow fondant and cut out 2 leaves from the leaf fondant cutter. Using the star cutter, form our little penguin’s feet.
(2) Form two black fondant into round balls, one slightly smaller than the other.
(3) Cut out one heart shape and one round white fondant.
(4) Paste the round one in the bigger round ball and the heart on the smaller one.
(5) For the flippers, cut out two black leaves.
(6) Add black dragees to the smaller round ball (where we placed the heart shape on). Get some yellow fondant and shape it into a small cone for the beak.
(7) Attach the beak to our little penguin’s head.
(8) Attach the flippers, head and feet to the body of our little penguin.
(9) We can stop here if you want, our little penguin looks cute just as she is but since it’s winter, we might want to dress her up a little bit with some mufflers and beanies. To make the muffler, roll long ropes of white, pink and green fondant then use the rolling pin to flatten them up.
(10) Cut green and pink fondant into rectangles and paste alternately into the white fondant.
(11) Divide it into two strips. We can also run through a stitching tool for a cool ‘stitched on’ effect. Wrap one strip around the neck of our little penguin.
(12) To make the beanie, get some pink fondant.
(13) Shape it into a half moon and place on top of our penguin
(14) Roll a small bit of green fondant and snipe some of the fondant using the curved scissors.
(15) Place it on top of the beanie. Add the other strip to the beanie as well.
There you have it, our cute little penguin. I just want to take her some and take good care of her. Oh wait, she’s here at home already.