I already made red velvet cupcakes before, so I decided to experiment on a cookie version and this is what came out. I like that it turned out to be chewy cookie. Much like these chocolate chip cookies here. Want to know how to make it? Here’s how –
Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
4 dozen cookies/350 F
What we need:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp liquid red food coloring
1/8 cup cream cheese
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup powdered buttermilk (or any powdered milk)
1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips / chopped chocolate buttons (I used Goya)
(1) Cream butter and sugar until well combined.
(2) Beat in the egg.
(3) Add in the cream cheese and food coloring.
(4) Dry whisk/sift together all dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, buttermilk powder and add into the batter.
(5) Fold in the chopped white chocolate buttons/white chocolate chips.
(6) I used a ice cream scooper that holds a teaspoon of a cookie batter
(7) Bake for 7 minutes at 350F.
Chewy red velvet cookies. Just the way I like it 🙂