This recipe has already been featured as part of the Pinoy Cupcake Series I made a few years back. This is from the Turon Cupcakes post. If you want to make it turon version style, head on over here.
But I think, this recipe from my Auntie Fely’s book of recipe deserves it’s own post, simply because it’s that great. And as you know great things are meant to be shared. So as part of a Flashback Friday Post, I am bringing it back for today. Read on and start baking everyone! 🙂
Banana Cupcakes Recipe
What we need:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 cups flour
11/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana
Now now now, a word about bananas, as long as you do not see molds, your bananas are still good for baking 🙂
(1) In a big bowl, sift or dry whisk all dry ingredients
(2) In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar and oil until well combined
(3) Add the eggs one at a time
(4) Add dry ingredients in three batches alternating with 2 batches of milk.
(5) Fold in mashed bananas and add the vanilla extract.
(6) Fill lined cupcake pans two thirds full and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until done