- Iced tea that has a frothy top has whipped cream on it. (I know, what was I thinking?!)
- When the fruitcake recipe says add orange rind, the white bitter part should be added also. I haven’t baked a fruitcake since.
- Chocolate Crinkles are cake crumbs rolled into flattened balls then coated with confectioner’s sugar. Oh wait… now I know that is not true, I now know they are baked.
I first tasted crinkles at a canteen in high school and for a chocolate lover, every bite is chocolate cookie heaven. So when someone requested a I feature a Chocolate Crinkles recipe, I went straight to work at it. Want to see how it goes?
Chocolate Crinkles Recipe
from All Recipes
What we need:
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
(2) Add in eggs one at a time. Then stir in the vanilla.
(3) Sift together all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt then add into the cocoa mixture.
(4) The dough will still be soft at this stage. Cover the bowl with clink wrap and refrigerate for four hours.
(5) Use a 1.5 oz ice cream scoop to roll the dough into balls then coat it with confectioner’s sugar before before baking for 10-12 minutes. Remember not to overbake so the cookies will still be chewy.