You: So… how did this post come into existence? -> Re-Cake Tiramisu
Me: An alien hacked my blog and posted that one.
You: And this one? -> Pinoy Cupcake Tiramoko
Me: A totally unknown evil twin time traveled to 2009 and made this one.
You: How can you possibly deny making this one? -> Classic Tiramisu
Me: Okay you got me. I ran out of excuses.
I love tiramisu (who doesn’t?)
Especially in cupcake form.
adapted from Martha Stewart
325F/makes 18 cupcakes
What we need:
For the cupcakes:
1 1/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising), sifted
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
3 large whole eggs plus 3 egg yolks, room temperature
1 cup sugar
For the Coffee-Marsala Syrup
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly brewed very strong coffee
1 ounce Marsala (can be bought at liquor stores)
1/4 cup sugar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
(1) Sift or dry whisk cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Heat milk just until bubbles appear around the edge add in butter until melted. Let milk mixture cool.
(2) Set a mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water. With an electric mixer, mix eggs, yolks, and sugar until just sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth (no grainy texture felt) and warm which is about 6 minutes. Remove bowl from heat.
(3) With an electric mixer, whisk until mixture is fluffy, thick and is pale yellow. Fold flour mixture into the egg mixture in three batches.
(4) Stir 1/2 cup of the batter into the milk mixture to thicken, then fold milk mixture into the remaining batter until just combined.
(4) Bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes at 325F.
(5) To make the Coffee-Marsala Syrup, combine all ingredients together until sugar is dissolved. Brush all cupcakes with the syrup. Let it cool.
(6) To make the frosting, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
(7) In a separate bowl, mix together cream chesse and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well combined. Use immediately.
(8) Pipe frosting into the cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle cocoa on top for extra chocolate-y goodness and enjoy.