My copy of Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes has been sitting pretty in my book shelf for a while now. Make that a long, long while (whether or not they have gathered some dust, I won’t tell). And so when I looked at all the posts I have done for this year, I realized I haven’t really done a proper cupcake post yet (totally unacceptable right?). I mean, yes there are muffin recipes, a recipe for some bars, cookies, a cake and even one for macarons but a cupcake recipe, yeah none yet.
(1) Dry whisk / sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
(2) Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
(3) Add eggs one at a time.
(4) Add one third of the dry ingredients.
(6) Fill a cupcake liner until two-thirds full and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
(7) To make the frosting. Mix together butter, icing sugar and Kahlua until smooth and creamy.
(8) Pipe frosting on top of the cupcakes. You can add some chocolate chips on top if you want 🙂
PS:The recipe requires buttermilk, you can make your own, use sour cream or follow after me and use Yakult. It’s easier because if you still have some left, it definitely won’t go to waste – just drink it up.