What we need:
(1) Sift together all dry ingredients (cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) until well combined. Set aside.
(2) Cream butter and sugar (both white and brown) until light and fluffy.
(3) Mix in the eggs one at a time.
(4) Add the vanilla extract
(5) Mix in the dry ingredients until just combines.
Be very careful not to over mix. At this point, I just used a whisk to mix in the dry ingredients.
(6) Fold in the chocolate chunks or chocolate chips.
(8) Use an ice cream scoop to form evenly sized cookies then sprinkle with sea salt.
I used a one ounce scooper and baked the cookies for 15 minutes. Don’t hesitate to pull them out of the oven after 15 minutes – even if they look undercooked. It’ll continue to bake through the heat of the cookie.
Now now now, I am telling you. This next step is of utmost importance –
- Go get a tall glass of cold milk
- Decide which book you want to read for the afternoon. A Baker’s Daughter is on my wishlist
- Settle in your favorite couch
- Dunk your cookie in the milk