Carrot Raisin Muffins
adapted from the Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook
350F / makes 12 muffins
What we need:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups firmly packed grated carrots
1/4 cup raisins
(1) Combine all dry ingredients together – flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Your choice if you want to sift or dry whisk it.
(2) Mix together eggs, oil, molasses and granulated sugar –
until well combined
(3) Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
(5) Fold in carrots and raisins
(6) Line a muffin pan with paper liners and scoop batter into each cup until two-thirds full.
(7) Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are firm to the touch.
Are you a morning person? Then go get a cup of coffee and enjoy.
Are you a night owl? Then go get a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy.
Are you a muffin lover? Enjoy.