January, February and March – by default these should be the slowest months of the year. After all, we came from the mad holiday rush, we all deserve a break. And so I believe in the next few months, everyday should be all be Sundays.
Sundays where everyone should sleep in late (or if you’re a morning person – okay to get up early, too) and just rest, read a book or spend a day in the park or the beach. And while we’re all at it, make some butterscotch bars to munch on all day. These butterscotch bars are a perfect companion to perfect Sundays. And as a treat, I’m going to show you how.
Butterscotch Bars Recipe
350F/makes 18 bars
What we need:
1/3 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped cashew nuts
(1) In a small saucepan, mix together the butter and brown sugar until butter has just melted. Let it cool before proceeding to #2.
(2) Add the egg to the sugar-butter mixture.
(3) Mix thoroughly until well combined.
(4) Add in flour, baking powder (make sure to sift them together before adding to the batter at this point) and vanilla.
(5) Fold in 3/4 cup cashew nuts.
(6) Pout batter into a lined 8″x8″ pan. Sprinkle remaining cashew nuts.
(7) Bake for 30 minutes.
(8) Make sure to cool completely before cutting it up into bars.
Perfect with coffee or milk. Your choice 🙂 Have a great week ahead everyone!