Ube Bars Recipe
(2) Sift or dry whisk flour and baking powder.
(4) Add in egg yolks. It’s okay to add them all at once. Just make sure to mix them well.
(5) Add in flour mixture.
(6) Fold in nuts
Here is what our batter will look like.
(7) Line a rectangular baking pan (I used 9 1/2″ by 12″) with parchment paper
(8) Spread out three fourths of the batter evenly using an offset spatula.
(9) Spoon the ube halaya into the different areas of the pan
(10) Again spread evenly
(11) Now, as for the remaining one fourth of the batter, roll them into balls and place on top of the ube halaya like little islands.
(12) Bake for 30 minutes at 350F or until golden brown and they will look this this. Perfect ube bars
Cut it up and you can see the thin line of ube halaya in the middle. Bliss!
Want a bite?
Oh wait, cut them up into squares first. But it’s okay if you can’t wait. I won’t hold it against you. Pinky swear.