Anyway, now that I am just a little older (and now allowed to drink coffee). I no longer crave it as much as I used to. I can get by staying up late without drinking coffee. So I was thinking, maybe coffee enjoyed in another form (ahemm.. cake) will revive my love for coffee. Here’s a recipe from my Ma’s recipe book. Hope you like it guys! 🙂
(2) Sift or dry whisk together flour, coffee granules, baking power, baking soda and salt. Combine sour cream and the vanilla extract.
(3) Mix together canola oil and sugar.
(4) Add eggs one at a time.
(5) Add a third of the dry ingredients.
(6) Then one half of the wet ingredients (sour cream and vanilla extract). Continue until all is combined. Oh well, you know the drill 🙂
(7) Heavily grease 2 8 1/2″ by 4 1/2″ loaf pans (Note A: but any pan will do as long as just fill it up until its half full. Note B: Or you can also line the loaf pan with wax paper) divide the batter into two and sprinkle the walnut/cinnamon/brown sugar mixture on top.
(8) Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
So, do I like or do I not like coffee… hmmm.. maybe I like it cake form 🙂