- They’re dead but are somehow brought back to life probably by some magical powers
- They may be feeding on human flesh, whether the human will turn into a zombie too… that I do not know but I’m guessing I am confusing that with the human-turning-into-vampire rules.
- And please let’s not get into what they could probably smell like (come on, food blog here)
Anyway, I plan to educate myself on all things zombies as History Channel will be showing the Zombies: A Living History documentary on October 31st.
In the meantime, here is my interpretation on how zombies are born, cupcake style.
“I’ll Be Right Back” Cupcakes
What we need:
Fondant in white and gray
Oval fondant cutter
Graham crackers, crushed
Optional to write “brb”
– tappits and brown fondant (what I used)
– royal icing or
– edible pen
(1) Roll white fondant thickly and cut out oval shapes
(2) Cut out one end flat
(3) Paste on or write the BRB sign. You can also write RIP or SYS (but See You Soon is really creepy, so let’s not write that, okay?) BRB seems to be most fitting since the zombies really will be right back.
(4) As for the hands, go get some gray fondant. Roll flesh fondant into a cylinder
(5) Press one end (leaving just a small part) back and forth to create a dent all around
(6) Flatten smaller end
(7) Cut a “v” using a knife to separate the thumb from the other zombie fingers
(8) Run a knife through the hand to create the other zombie fingers
(9) Rub the fingers together. No need to be prefect here, this is a zombie hand, the more gruesome, the better
(10) Press the knife into the fingers to create some knuckes
(12) Press tip of the knife to the tip of the zombie fingers to create the nails.
(13) To assemble, ice a cupcake. It’s okay not to use a piping tip, just use the good ole spatula.
(14) Dunk into a plateful of crushed graham crackers, using a toothpick for support, add the “BRB” sign and the zombie hand coming into the land of the living for the first time.
Can you see the zombie at the back (on the right)? I think he just realized he was buried in a cupcake so he’s kind of feeling his surroundings. 🙂
Have a happy Halloween everyone!