- Two – number of k’s on my name. Yep, it’s Aikko, not Aiko or Aico or Iko 🙂
- Two – that sunny day in April when I was born. For 29 years I believed I am an Aries but apparentlyI am really a Pisces… one thing’s for sure… I am confused.
- Two – number of pairs of boxing gloves under my name that I haven’t used in a while. I thought having a pair in hot pink will keep me motivated to keep on boxing. I was wrong.
- Two – flavors most blogged about in Chocolate Happy. Uh… I mean Vanilla Happy. Wait, it’s Bake Happy.
- Two – number of times I had to experiment on these Yakult cupcakes to get it right.
(1) Combine mayonnaise, sugar and vanilla.
(2) Mix well until sugar is almost dissolved.
(3) Combine all dry ingredients and add a third to the mayonnaise mixture.
(4) Add 1/2 of the milk
(5) Repeat until all is combined. Place into paper liners and bake until golden brown, about 15 – 20 minutes.
(6) Remove from cupcake from liner and put into a candy cup.
Now now now… you are probably asking, why didn’t Aikko bake the cupcakes in the candy cups? Saves time, liners and lots of washing the dishes. The thing is, I used to bake in candy cups until I heard about the great party nut cups (another term for the candy cups) debate over at Wilton. Is it safe to bake in candy cups? Some say yes, some say no. Some say it’s not advisable because the wax might melt when subject to high temperatures, some say it might cause fire.
So, just to be on the safe side, I stopped baking in them. But they’re just too darn cute not to use! Right?! So what I do is bake them in traditional cupcake pans and just transfer them. Better be safe than sorry.
How about you? What’s your take in baking in Candy Cups? I’d love to hear it 🙂
(8) Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with Cinnamon.
I have tried this on an 8-inch pan, on mini cupcakes, and on regular cupcakes but I must tell you, they taste better on mini cupcakes.
If you want a quick fix, ditch baking the cupcakes, go to your nearest bakery, splurge on mamon, taisan or sponge cake, soak it in Yakult and cover in whipped cream. Quick fix yet same delicious result 🙂