Purses you can tote around then after basking in its cute-ness, devour it with much gusto. Clearly an epic sugar-rush beyond proportions.
This tutorial has been requested several times so here I thought I’d make a proper tutorial.I It’s fairly easy and requires minimal tools. Want to see how I made it?
How to Make Designer Red Purse Cupcake Topper
What we need –
Fondant in red and ivory
Stitching tool (or toothpick or knife)
Brush and water
(1) Roll red fondant into a ball, press it flat and shape into a rectangle. Make sure to retain the round edges.
(2) Using the stitching tool (or toothpick or knife), “stitch” a rectangle on to the base. Do the same to its 2 sides.
(3) Using the stitching tool, run diagonal lines onto the front of the purse.
(4) Repeat it but this time, run it the opposite direction.
(5) Roll out a small amount of red fondant and cut it into a rectangle
(7) Run through a border.
(7) Repeat steps 3 and 4 on to the rolled red fondant.
(8) Attach the red rolled fondant to the bag and paste a small rectangle onto the center of the bag
(9) Add the gold dragees detail.
(10) Roll ivory fondant into a long thin rope
(11) Twist two long ropes and cut a portion to serve as the bag’s handle and attach to the bag.
(12) Here’s the finished product 🙂
Depending on the size, you can either make it as a cake or cupcake topper. Plus, you can change the color of the handle, dragees and main bag for more versatility.