(1) Using an offset spatula, spread some of the buttercream into the cupcakes. Make sure to just spread thinly as we’ll be adding another layer first. Consider this a “primer coat”
(2) Pipe the grass on the cupcakes.
(4) Here’s the template I used along with the cut gumpaste version.
(5) Using the Royal Icing in piping bag with a #1 tip, pipe the outline of the tower
(6) Then proceed piping the inside details of the tower. Let it dry (… again)
(7) Assemble towers on top of the cupcakes with popsicle sticks for support. Make sure to make the tower lean a little bit on the right. It wouldn’t be the Leaning Tower of Pisa if it doesn’t lean, yeah?