1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon course salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground crdamom
Pinch of ground cloves
Pinch of freshly grated nutment
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
(1) Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Bring milk to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; add tea bags, and let steep, covered, 15 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeezing the bags over the pan, and discard. Allow milk to cool completely.
(3) With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy.
(4) Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low.
(5) Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of tea-infused milk, and beating until just combined after each.
(6) Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.
(7) Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until tops spring back when lightly touched and are pale golden, 15-18 minutes.
(8) Turn out onto wire racks to cool completely. Cupcakes can be frozen up to 1 month in airtight containers.
Sugarcane Buttercream Frosting
I used Italian Buttercream as base. The rule is for every 2 cups of Italian Buttercream, mix in 1/4 cup sugarcane juice.
Italian Meringue Buttercream
1 1/4 cups sugar
5 large egg whites
Pinch of cream of tartar
1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Aren’t you glad you spent sometime in my kitchen? Erm… now who will wash the dishes in the sink? 🙂