It starts with a dozen cupcakes, smothered in buttercream, 6 in yellow, 6 in white.
I further prepped the cupcakes, using yellow fondant and an embossed rolling pin, I cut 3 stars and 3 big circles with “mini curves”.
- Using the blue buttercream, I piped circles in 3 cupcakes with a yellow buttercream base
- I placed the fondant circles with “mini curves” to 6 cupcakes. The 3 yellow fondants are placed in the white buttercream base cupcakes while the 3 white fondants are placed in the yellow buttercream base cupcakes
- Using the yellow and blue buttercream, I piped stars in blue and yellow.
To make the handcuffs –
- I rolled gray fondant and cut 3 big circles
- Using a smaller round tip –
- I then cut a smaller circle inside the big one.
- Then rolled 3 small balls and arranged the handcuffs
- I rolled fondant in Americolor Gold and cut 3 ovals.
- Using a flower cutter
- I cut the top half
- Placed a blue circle in the middle
- Then placed a yellow star on top of it
- Using a flower cutter, I cut 3 blue fondants for the hat
- The cut a strip of it
- I rolled flesh colored fondant and cut circle for the face and placed a button nose, then attached his hat
- Using a rose tip, I made him smile
- Then placed a small star on his hat and made eyes out of black fondant.
- Using a fondant tool, I pressed down on the eyes and attached some hat hair on him, too.
Once all toppers are done, I placed them on the cupcakes. Done!
Hope I am able to help JoAnn. Good luck! 🙂