Mangoes and Cream Cupcakes
adapted from Martha’s Cupcakes [Blueberries and Cream Cupcakes]
Makes 30 standard or 60 mini
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk, room temperature
2 cups diced mangoes plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line standard or mini muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together both flours, baking powder and salt.
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
|Bake Happy Blogger: Whisk, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!|
3. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combines after each. Beat in vanilla. Fold in diced mangoes.
4. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each, three quarters full. Bake rotating tins halfway through, until pale golden, about 25 minutes for standard and 15 minutes for mini.
5. Transfer tin to wire rack to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored up to three days at room temperature at airtight containers.
6. To finish top with whipped cream and garnish with diced mangoes. Serve immediately.
And serve immediately I did. Ma and Lisa (my sister) loved it! It was not overly sweet and the chunks of mangoes were at their ripest. A perfect combination.
I just wished I diced the the mangoes a bit bigger. That would have been rad.