Happy Mother’s Day to all Mothers, first time and would-be Mothers! How will you celebrate Mother’s day?
As mentioned in my previous post, here is the tutorial for the Daphne Cupcakes I made for Mother’s Day.
The cupcakes are inspired by the chairs from Daphne’s furniture line.
One look was all it took for me to want to see it in cupcake form. After all, the chairs come in yummy colors. And in cupcake form they should be yummier, right?
What you’ll need:
– Oval Fondant cutters. I got a set from Gourdo’s. You can get one online as well
– fondant in chocolate brown, pink, purple, teal, ivory and robin’s egg
– royal icing
– luster dust in silver and gold
– paint brush used for cake decorating
– vodka or gin
Here’s how –
(1) Roll out brown fondant and cut out ovals using the largest from the set
(2) Roll out the pink, purple, teal, ivory and robin’s egg and do the same only this time, using the mid sized oval, cut a hold in the center. Use water to glue the pastel colored fondant to the brown fondant.
(3) Using royal icing placed in a piping bag with a #3 tip, pipe the design in the middle. I practiced piping in a baking sheet first so I’d get the hang of it. It’s a bit intricate swirly design, you see.
(4) Scoop out a small amount of gold luster dust and add gin/vodka to it. There isn’t an exact measure. Rule is, the less gin added the more it brings out the color but it’s a bit thicker and not so easy to handle. I chose to go that path instead of a thin mixture. Using a paint brush, paint gold into the purple, ivory and pink toppers. Do the same with the silver duster and paint it into the robin’s egg and teal toppers.
Ta- dahhh! Here are the toppers on top of the swirly green frosting 🙂
|The Daphne Cupcakes|